- Home Office spent £3million on outfits for UK Border Force staff last year
- Hundreds take legal action claiming uniforms are causing skin conditions
- Some have to wear silk clothing beneath uniforms to ease problems
- Personal injury claims could run in to hundreds of thousands of pounds
- Home Office says uniforms were subject to rigorous independent tests
Border guards are suing the Government because they claim their new uniforms are causing painful skin conditions.
The Home Office spent £3million on the navy blue outfits for UK Border Force workers last year.
But around 250 employees are taking legal action after claiming the material has left them with chemical-style burns, rashes and other ailments.